Friday, April 24, 2009

How Many Rappers You Know Roll a Bentley 'Fo the Album Drop?

Matt Yglesias manages, in a single sentence, to express his interest for early childhood developmental policies, delicious Indonesian food, and sticky, kind herb.  
"I’m not really an Amstel fan, but there’s no denying that Amsterdam is great. Beyond the obvious, they’ve got some very interesting early childhood policies there and delicious Indonesian food."
I cannot possibly imagine what else "the obvious" would be.  Sure, Amsterdam is famous for all kinds of shit, especially among euro-traveling elites like Matt, but he's obviously referring to marijuana, right? I mean, right?  It's possible he could mean this, but come on... right?

I understand the natives hate the negative effects of their FREE LEGAL DRUG laws, mainly stoner American college students getting absolutely baked and talking loudly amongst themselves about how great the fact that they're getting baked, in Amsterdam, is.  I can sympathize.  I lived for a time near the German-Holland border near Aachen and on Fridays, after school let out, the peeling tires of cars heading to Holland to buy DANK WEED was loud and hilarious.  So drug tourism attracts people from everywhere and now you know that.  Personally, I've always wanted to visit Amsterdam for the awesome public bicycle system they have.

No comments: