Thursday, September 3, 2009
I'm Not Just Gonna Stand There and Watch You Die / I'ma Hand You a Nine / I'ma Grab Your Hand, Come on Let's Ride
Don't they understand that insurance socializes risk? That, indeed, the socialization of risk is the very pont of insurance? That the only thing insurance companies do that government won't is skim profit off the top? Are they capable of understanding - or, perhaps, admittting to - this. Does it matter? Partisanship is a funny thing. The more you see it in others, the more you are disgusted. Yet the only recourse to this disgust is increased partisanship. Must you necessarilly become that which you despise? I keep thinking back to that quote, beloved by chicken-hawk and professional soldier alike - people sleep peacefully at night because dangerous men are willing to do violence on their behalf. We only need an army because everybody else has one. And on and on this circular logic goes. But, ultimately, fuck 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment