Thursday, November 13, 2008

If I Don't Do Nothin I'ma Ball

Dan Savage vs. Tony Perkins on Prop 8:


It really is palpable, the glee of Right (social conservatives, Focus on the Family types, the Mormon Church, whatever) in pointing out that blacks in California voted decisively for Prop 8.  While busy fighting battles within their own movement with all the intellectual depth of topsoil, they can't wait to throw a wedge in between two liberal constituencies.  It's the first thing out of the mouth of the clown on the right (in the video and on the spectrum).  I don't really have much else to add about blacks voting against gay marriage, except to say I'm not surprised, as a lot of virtual ink has been spilled on this already.  Rather, I just wanted to point out that division seems to be a natural part of the territory for social conservatives, whether active or reflective.

1 comment:

TSF said...

We Californians need to stop playing the demographic blame-game and realize that everyone who voted for this proposition is a bigot, no matter their race or religion. Mainstream media loves to try to find correlations where there are none, it's as simple as that. Besides, the good people of California and our Supreme Court are going to overturn this ban anyway. Fiscal conservatives are pissed off because of the revenue that is going to be lost in the wedding industry, and let's face it: fiscal conservatives and social liberals are pretty damn important in California politricks.