Wednesday, November 12, 2008

If Ya'll Got Guns, We All Got Guns

I watched the final table of the WSOP main event.  Alas, I am supremely jealous of the kid my age, Peter Eastgate, who won $9,200,000 playing cards this week.  But what was up with Schwartz and Phillips blowing off all their chips with Ace high and 10 high respectively? After he was all in with a three-straight and 10 high, Phillips said he couldn't keep folding...which, of course, isn't true.  One poker author, I forget who, said that to be successful you need to fold a million times in a row if its the right play. You don't put your tournament life - and a shot at $5,000,000 more dollars - on the line with 10 high.  He hadn't even put that much in the pot at that point!  What is it about getting close to the end that makes players lose their bearings?

No comments: